Every day we hear or witness hate crime, discrimination, racism and other kind of human mistreatments or misjudgment. We also see some people fighting really hard to end those activities in order to give the opportunity to the victims of rejection, hates and discrimination to have their right and live a better life. These human activities or behaviors have been going on for many years or decades without an end or solution. The question is WHY? It’s hard to determine the answer of the question why people discriminate and hate each other.
My experiences with life sometimes make me understand why some people have hate in them. I had a friend from the Netherlands who never wanted to take pictures with me or people of color but love to spend all his time with me. I can see frustration and disapointment of his face when we are out and taking pictures with others but him. He told me that he is not the person I am thinking he is. He can't associates or do anything with people of color because of his family. I felt different when he told me the true. I realized that he was being played by his family and he is scare to make a change in his family belief. I was educated the same way until I reached middle school where I started seing the world clearly. I realized that my family was not discriminating but feeling uncomfortable around other races because they never did something to hurt them nor make them uncomfortable. Few of my family members were denied jobs, college admission, club membership and that made a negative impact in them. I believe this is the genesis of anger, the source of revenge and the creation of hate club.
I believe in change and that the new generation is open to change. Most American now hates Muslims because of the 09/11 terrorist attack in New York that took a lot of human lives and major destruction. This hate against Muslims will continued for decades if we don't teach our children the positive side of it: "they are not all terrorists". It's hard to love again after being hurt but we have to make a change and make the world a better place.
My experiences with life sometimes make me understand why some people have hate in them. I had a friend from the Netherlands who never wanted to take pictures with me or people of color but love to spend all his time with me. I can see frustration and disapointment of his face when we are out and taking pictures with others but him. He told me that he is not the person I am thinking he is. He can't associates or do anything with people of color because of his family. I felt different when he told me the true. I realized that he was being played by his family and he is scare to make a change in his family belief. I was educated the same way until I reached middle school where I started seing the world clearly. I realized that my family was not discriminating but feeling uncomfortable around other races because they never did something to hurt them nor make them uncomfortable. Few of my family members were denied jobs, college admission, club membership and that made a negative impact in them. I believe this is the genesis of anger, the source of revenge and the creation of hate club.
I believe in change and that the new generation is open to change. Most American now hates Muslims because of the 09/11 terrorist attack in New York that took a lot of human lives and major destruction. This hate against Muslims will continued for decades if we don't teach our children the positive side of it: "they are not all terrorists". It's hard to love again after being hurt but we have to make a change and make the world a better place.
I believe that our children will follow our steps and we should be positive and teach them how important each individual is and how they should treat each other with respect and dignity.
http://miamiherald.typepad.com/nakedpolitics/2008/07/mccain-pow-bud.html
http://miamiherald.typepad.com/nakedpolitics/2008/07/mccain-pow-bud.html

I never judge a group of people by one label, I believe that every individual is unique and different. Group should not be judged by particular individuals from that it, we should try to think critically.
ReplyDeletethis was great. really deep and good ideas. Ive been through these sort of things and can completely relate to it.... however there are a few grammatical errors that you might want to have edited or have someone else edit. but overall it is very strong
ReplyDeleteYou make a great point and one I feel everyone knows about and needs to be informed about isn't over. Its a problem I feel alot of people try to ignore and I am really happy your speaking out about it.
ReplyDelete