Sunday, one of the heaviest rainy days in the city was the day of my farewell. I left my country. I left my house, my life and my friends. I left my beautiful sun that used to wake me up in the morning. When the plane was taking off, I started to think of my soccer field, my street and local merchants. I left my friends and I can still see their eyes full of tears. I can also still see the smiles on their faces but I know I will not see them soon and if I do, it will not be the same.
I landed in JFK after nine hours flying. It was crowded and scary. There were dogs and security officials everywhere. The air smelled different and the people were moving fast like it was a fire drill. I wonder if that was the way of hunting the American Dream. I-95 impressed me. I’d never seen such a large road and the traffic was impressive. I was in a different world.
I completed my English language program and started a new life. While studying, I accepted a dish washing job at the University.
My best moment was being with my brother Jann. He was fun to be with. He always had questions and funny stories. I always wish to give my son the same program my brother had while growing up.
I went to BCCC to get my Associate degree, then got married and bought a house. Now I have a son that I dearly love. I have not seen my country, my friends and my sun for a decade. I miss them all but I am happy with my little family. No matter where you go, you will find love, a family and friends.
"I learned a lot things from him than I did at Notre Dame. He was smart and strong. He got a lot medal and was involved in a lot activities. I always wish to give my son the same program my brother was taking."
ReplyDelete"Being stucked for hours on the road"
You may want to check the grammar and fluidity of these sentences, though they might not be noticed when you speak.
Check to make sure your word count is within the restraints of 250-300 words.
ReplyDeleteOther than what Sam said, I don't see much to change.
The Writing Center at the library could be really helpful if you have the time to go.
This is overall very good. Describing the scene, and where you were from makes the story more personable and more easy to relate to.
ReplyDelete